Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Angels - the beginning

I have finally begun construction on some of the angels for my brother's Warriors of Chaos "Angelic Host" army. The first model I have begun to paint is a test model of sorts. I need to sort out the wings, armor, skin, and additional colors in my quest to create a decent looking angel plan.

The wings are rough. I sought some help on the wings, and originally tried to paint them white, wash them black, and then highlight them white again. That didn't look to good. Driver came up with the idea of using gold to accent the wings, and i think it looks pretty good. I am going to have to get the angel totally done and take a look at it before I declare it decent. I am happy with the cloth. I painted it a sand color, washed it brown, and then highligthed it with sand/white and finally a very thin line of white. It is also not done, but i like its look for now. The skin and armor are both in very, very early stages, so please be patient with them and don't judge them to harshly.
I am hoping to finish this guy off by the weekend, solicite some advice, and then correct myself and begin the other angels next week. And here... we... go.


1 comment:

Blair said...

Nice work so far. I like the gold highlights on the wings. Silver highlights might look pretty good also.

One of the toughest things I have found so far to paint has been flesh. Thank god I don't have a lot of it in my army. I ended up painting it in bleached bone, then a heavy drybrush with a flesh color, and then a light brown wash and it turned out all right. Anyway the whole point of that was to ask you how you do your flesh, or how you plan to?

Looking forward to seeing it all done.